Niche Wine Company
Share the Love!
- Year Established: 2009
- Winery Contact: Joanna and James Schlosser
- Winemaker:James Schlosser
About our winery:
We are not a big company. We’re farmers who love making (and drinking) wine. We harvest grapes in small batch crops and our wines benefit from gravity, smarts and a few strong hands. We are passionate about Pinot noir but we’re also big fans of Gewürztraminer, Rose and Marechal Foch.
The Winery is located in West Kelowna on a small vineyard owned and operated by our parents, Kathleen and Jerry. If you find yourself in West Kelowna, please stop by. We’ve always got an extra couple of glasses and the view is spectacular.
Three things to love about us:
1. We love Pinot noir. We love it so much we make it three different ways.
2. We are only open by appointment. This is because we are a two-man operation and we both have full-time jobs.
3. We have a bocce court! Make an appointment and come up for a game and glass.
What makes us unique:
We pick by hand, press in our half-ton press and use gravity instead of a pump. We are committed to quality, experimentation and fun. Lots and lots of fun.
Our 2012 Foch | Blacksheep Release is a ‘double gold’ champion and a ‘Best Of BC’ award.
Our 2014 Pinot noir won 'Best Light Red' in the Van Mag Wine Awards. The results of the 2015 WineAlign National Wine Awards of Canada are in and we brought home some heavy medal(s). Bronze medals for our Niche Wine Co. 2013 Gewurztraminer and Niche Wine Co. 2014 Pinot noir blanc and a Silver medal for our 2013 Pinot noir.